Watch for the Swatch

We have a Swatch store in Downtown Portland and they have a zillion cool watches at pretty affordable prices. I just learned about CreArt for Swatch, an artist collaboration and challenge amongst four artists to design for 'the world's smallest canvas'. Below is Billy the Artist, a NYC-based "Urban Primitivist" painting the window of the Times Square Swatch store this past July.



The fusion of art and fashion. Here are brand new limited edition timepieces by Billy the Artist for the Swatch CreArt Collection launching today.  Originated in 1986 with pieces designed by famed artist Keith Haring, this collection introduces a mainstream audience to the world of abstract creativity by giving consumers the opportunity to purchase “wearable” art.



I like the funky black & white version, AfterDark ($55). Multi-colored Morning Glow is $65.

3 comments:

Winnie said...

I love the black and white one! I am always lusting after the watches in Selfridges...

Kelly Pierre said...

I really enjoyed your blogs. I was checking it out for the first time. Cool pictures too. Nice job.

mifajyar said...

Love the white&black!
want onneeeee.

Blog Archive